The Identity of the Christian
![]()
The place we put our identity determines our foundation and what we live for. As Christians we are given the identity as children of God through Christ. The old passes away and the new comes! We were once slaves to our passions, but now we are slaves to Christ. I decided to write about identity because I realized that I have been guilty with putting my identity in how people perceive me. This has made me anxious and not be able to fully shine the light of Christ to others. My identity has become fragile and easily changed due to the desire to be liked.
How do we put our Identity in Christ?
Understand the truth in Scripture when Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 5:17," Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" When we put our identity in something other than Christ, we can easily get lost in the endless maze of doubt. When the thing we put our identity in fails, we lose our self and forget who we are. That is why a lot of people go through a mid-life identity crisis. In Christ we have an everlasting Rock who cannot be moved. He will never forsake us or leave us, so when we see ourselves as children of God we can lean on Christ. The Lord will never fail.
Galatians 2:20:
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
What does this mean? This means that everyday we have faith in the Son of God and his sacrifice. We have hope and the joy of the Lord. We should meditate on the gift of salvation and live for God. Our identity is not in the sin we struggle with, but in the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
1 John 3:1:
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."
Comments
Post a Comment